Corrections / Correctional
A correctional system, also known as a penal system, thus refers to a network of agencies that administer a jurisdiction's prisons, and community-based programs like parole, and probation boards. In criminal justice, correction, corrections, and correctional, are umbrella terms describing a variety of functions typically carried out by government agencies, and involving the punishment, treatment, and supervision of persons who have been convicted of crimes. These functions commonly include imprisonment, parole, and probation.
"Corrections" is also the name of a field of academic study concerned with the theories, policies, and programs pertaining to the practice of corrections. Its object of study includes personnel training and management as well as the experiences of the inmates within the programs.
Are you looking for educational resources for inmates to enhance your corrections program? FMS Productions has a great selection of correctional educational videos to choose from! In addition to our physical DVDs, we have downloadable products and streaming products that are specific to inmate reform programs. If you need more assistance or have specific questions about your educational inmate reform program, please contact FMS Productions at (800) 421-4609 today!
Items 1-20 of 37
- I Love Being CleanSpecial Price $259.00 Regular Price $349.00This fast-paced re-entry program filmed before soon to be released offenders, challenges the ineffective ways of thinking and approaching the world that most, if not all, offenders grapple with. Using anecdotes from his time in the criminal justice system, and from the neighborhood he grew up in, Danny gets to the heart of his audience, and offers solutions for change from within. Learn More
- Accepting Responsibility In a Finger-Pointing World Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Good Intentions, Bad Choices Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
Overcoming Errors in Thinking Parts I, II, III Research shows that most people who are released from jails and prisons have the most problems in the first year. Those problems are mainly in three areas:
(1) the pressure of not finding or not keeping a job
(2) personal conflicts with family and others
(3) the temptation, or actual use, of alcohol or other drugs
This series looks at the problems we have created for ourselves throughout our lives, and that we face immediately upon release.Learn More
- Breaking the Chains of Addiction: Using Science to Aid Recovery$549.00
- Commitment to Change Series Volume I - Overcoming Errors in Thinking$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume II Tactics: Habits that Block Change$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume III The Power of Consequences$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Second HalfSpecial Price $259.00 Regular Price $349.00
Thomas Henderson was the National Football League's first cocaine casualty. It cost him his career and, for a few years, his freedom. Clean and sober since 1983, he has a message for young and old: "Life can be better. It can be different. You don't have to live this way anymore." This is his story.
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation contracts, please call for details.Learn More
- Staying Sober and Staying FreeSpecial Price $149.00 Regular Price $249.00