Dr. Stanton Samenow
With the late Dr. Samuel Yochelson, he participated in the longest in-depth clinical research-treatment study of offenders that has been conducted in North America. In 1978, Dr. Samenow entered the private practice of clinical psychology in Alexandria, Virginia. His specialty has continued to be the evaluation and treatment of juvenile and adult offenders. Dr. Samenow has delivered lectures, training seminars, and workshops in 48 states, Canada, and England, to a variety of professional groups including mental health, law enforcement, corrections, education, social services, and the judiciary.
He has served as a consultant and expert witness for a variety of courts and agencies, including the FBI, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and the U.S. Office of Probation. In 1980, he was appointed by President Reagan to the Law Enforcement Task Force and in 1982 to the President’s Task Force on Victims of Crime. In 1987, President Reagan appointed him as a Conferee to the White House Conference on a Drug-Free America. Dr. Samenow has authored numerous articles for professional publications and appeared frequently on national radio and television broadcasts, including 60 Minutes, The Phil Donahue Show, Good Morning America, The CBS Morning News, the Today Show and The Larry King Show.
Call (800) 421-4609 to place an order for a FREE PREVIEW or to purchase any of Dr. Samenow's film library. Or fax your order to (512) 863-2231.
Dr. Samenow appears in films exclusively for FMS, and a listing of available series titles can be found below.
Enroll in Stanton Samenow’s Commitment to Change Series through CEU Matrix which provides the most up-to-date training available online for both certification and re-certification of professionals in the mental health, addiction, and criminal justice fields.
- Good Intentions, Bad Choices Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
Overcoming Errors in Thinking Parts I, II, III Research shows that most people who are released from jails and prisons have the most problems in the first year. Those problems are mainly in three areas:
(1) the pressure of not finding or not keeping a job
(2) personal conflicts with family and others
(3) the temptation, or actual use, of alcohol or other drugs
This series looks at the problems we have created for ourselves throughout our lives, and that we face immediately upon release.Learn More
- Accepting Responsibility In a Finger-Pointing World Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume III The Power of Consequences$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume II Tactics: Habits that Block Change$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Series Volume I - Overcoming Errors in Thinking$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Fear... The Anger Trigger Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00Anger is a destructive force. It impacts others...and ourselves. If we discover what fuels anger, we can learn non-destructive ways to express it, sparing ourselves and those we love the anguish of living with its wreckage. In this 3 part DVD series, we explore the key element leading to the anger response: FEAR. Learn More