Beat The Street Part 1 Street Smarts: Learning to Avoid Relapse
This 38-minute introductory program teaches the viewer to turn former street skills into "street smarts" for staying clean and sober. Seven recovering addicts from urban neighborhoods who are now doing well describe the real situations they face every day-- and how they deal with them so that they don't pick up. They stress 8 essential skills:
* Accepting disappointments without resorting to drug use
* Coping with chronic stress
* Resisting the lure of "easy money"
* Avoiding going back to the old spot
* Resisting the pull of the street life
* Planning to handle offers
* Maintaining complete abstinence
* Using a support system.