Evidence-based practice (EBP) is the idea that occupational practices ought to be based on scientific evidence. That, at first sight, may seem to be obviously desirable, but the proposal has been controversial. The movement towards evidence-based practices attempts to encourage and, in some instances, to force professionals and other decision-makers, to pay more attention to evidence to inform their decision-making. The goal of evidence-based practice is to eliminate unsound or outdated practices in favor of more-effective ones by shifting the basis for decision-making from tradition, intuition, and unsystematic experience to firmly grounded scientific research.
If your program is in need of evidence-based addiction recovery resources, check out FMS Productions' wide selection of DVDs! Here at FMS, we understand the importance of educational resources in treatment programs which is why we offer the best selection of treatment videos to our customers. In addition to our evidence-based addiction recovery DVD resources, we also have download and streaming resources for evidence-based practices. If you need more assistance or have specific questions about a curriculum, please give FMS Productions a call at (800) 421-4609.
- Pleasure Scale, Craving Identification & Management$374.00
- Commitment to Change Series Volume I - Overcoming Errors in Thinking$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume II Tactics: Habits that Block Change$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Commitment to Change Volume III The Power of Consequences$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Accepting Responsibility In a Finger-Pointing World Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
- Good Intentions, Bad Choices Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00
Overcoming Errors in Thinking Parts I, II, III Research shows that most people who are released from jails and prisons have the most problems in the first year. Those problems are mainly in three areas:
(1) the pressure of not finding or not keeping a job
(2) personal conflicts with family and others
(3) the temptation, or actual use, of alcohol or other drugs
This series looks at the problems we have created for ourselves throughout our lives, and that we face immediately upon release.Learn More
- Fear... The Anger Trigger Series$849.00 Regular Price $999.00Anger is a destructive force. It impacts others...and ourselves. If we discover what fuels anger, we can learn non-destructive ways to express it, sparing ourselves and those we love the anguish of living with its wreckage. In this 3 part DVD series, we explore the key element leading to the anger response: FEAR. Learn More